- Job Reference: 410065119-2
- Date Posted: 31 October 2021
- Recruiter: Mount Auburn Hospital
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent
1. Greets patients in a friendly manner and directs them to the appropriate waiting area. Instructs patients to change when necessary.
2. Answers the telephone by the third ring, directs calls, takes messages, uses overhead paging system, and responds to routine questions.
3. Receives and processes requisitions and reviews them for completeness. a. Enters all non-staff physicians in "copies to" portion of requisition and enters the same on the "comments" section. b. Seeks assistance from a supervisor or technologist to prepare requisitions when a doctor's order is not understood.
4. Schedules outpatient radiology exams. a. Obtains appropriate demographic patient information, exam name, history, and ordering physician, when scheduling appointments in the computer. b. Schedules radiology exams in the established booking times, unless otherwise instructed by a supervisor or physician. c. Prints and photocopies four copies of the daily schedule, providing each subdepartment with two copies, and one each to the file room and the volunteer, with the original to be used as the front desk copy.
5. Processes radiology reports daily, distributes reports to physicians at physicians' work site, faxes edits to Word Processing, signs reports, organizes mail and distributes. Brings mail to the lab at the close of the workday. a. Runs draft report and draft addendum list daily. Reports over two days old are reviewed with supervisor, reprinted, and distributed for signature.
6. Files, retrieves, and copies radiology films for the Radiology Department and other departments in the hospital. Follows developed system for retrieving, filing, and tracking down films. Signs all lists that are completed. Reports missing films to supervisor.
7. Performs routine sign-in and sign-out of radiology films. Checks the "log-in" box daily to ensure prompt return of all films.
8. Logs in and logs out all outside films and matches them with any MAH films and sends them to the appropriate reviewing authority. Returns films that have been compared with MAH to the sending facility.
9. Ensures that all filing is accurate and completed by the end of the work shift.
10. Updates warehouse list daily.
11. Performs a variety of related clerical duties including copying, updating and printing schedules, and monitoring supplies.
1. Good verbal and written communication skills and some typing, normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent.
2. Good interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner.
3. Previous related work experience.