- Job Reference: 410070122-2
- Date Posted: 31 October 2021
- Recruiter: Asahi Kasei America
- Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess where we sell Planova® virus removal filters and develops and manufactures related bioprocess equipment.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, Inc.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess (AKB) provides pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturers with a comprehensive suite of tools to maximize safety and improve yields of biotherapeutics during research, clinical and commercial-scale production. PlanovaTM virus-removal filters anchor a diverse product portfolio defined by quality, consistency, and scalability. Additional areas of expertise include liquid chromatography, inline buffer dilution and oligonucleotide synthesis.
We are a growing team (125+) of professionals excited about what we do and our ability to impact healthcare delivery systems worldwide. We offer a "big company" benefits package and a "small company" culture and work environment. Every employee at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America can impact our future.
As an Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive compensation with bonuses
* Great health benefits
* Wellness plan
* Paid time-off
* Strong company match to 401(k) contributions
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Company Giving and Volunteering Program
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Coordinator to join our team! The qualified individual will maintain and manage all aspects of AKBA-Chelmsford training and demonstration laboratory, in fulfillment of company sales and technical objectives. Implement action items related to customer and account manager activities. Keep and manage data and record fidelity, in a timely manner as well as fulfill objectives shared by Science &Technology organization (S&T) and Sales organization tasks as requested. We are looking for someone excited to join an incredible team and a fast-growing company!
* Coordinate install, startup, and maintenance of all lab assets (equipment, liquid handling, etc), and ensure alignment with QMS.
* Establish and regulate all SOPs regarding laboratory operation, safety etc., and ensure alignment with AKBA S&T.
* Conduct and report on application work on AKBA products, as directed, and ensure alignment with AKBA S&T.
* Conduct and report on customer POC's, evaluation and trainings, as directed. Maintain and ship POC kits.
* Conduct and report on AKBA employee laboratory trainings, as well as applications and internal consults, as directed.
* Cross train and coach lab intern(s).
* Education: AS/AA required, BS/BA preferred.
* Experience: At least 3 years in life science laboratory environment. Lab management or facilities management role within a biotechnology company highly preferred.
* Experience: Familiarity/training on quality and safety objectives and certifications.
* Experience: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office
* Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.