The CHIEF MAINTENANCE ENGINEER is responsible for: maintaining the entire hotel facility; including physical building structure; all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee the implementation of all property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor life safety systems
* Oversees and ensures that the administration of the department is in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws
* Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests' questions, complaints or requests.
* Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pools.
* Schedules staff to perform Preventative Maintenance Program and follows and enforces procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
* Monitor supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
* Monitors work order volume and prioritizes assignments for team as necessary.
* Inspects work assignments o maintenance staff to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and within specifications.
* Manages shift operations including staff scheduling, training and coaching.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* General knowledge of repairing/replacing plumbing systems, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and all kitchen equipment.
* Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance and correct chemical balance.
* Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions, including MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Possess Pool Certificate, CPR and AED
The work environment normally entails the following:
* Indoor or outdoor work environment.
* Moderate to high noise levels consistent with hotel environment.
* Work shop environment.
* This position has supervisory responsibilities.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
* The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
* Walk more than 75% of the time
* Sit less than 25% of the time
* Push / pull up to 25 lbs.
* Climb or balance 50% of time
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 50% of time
* Carry / Lift up to 75 lbs.
* Push / pull up to 75lbs
Equal access to programs, service, and employment is available to all persons. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability, arrest record, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.